Office Phone: 801-595-UTAH
As I look back on 25-plus years in Utah, I consider myself a pioneer of sorts, having left Berkeley, California in 1989 to move to the cultural mecca of Provo, Utah. I was part of the new wave of Californians who came to Utah to discover the West: to ski, hike, mountain bike and contribute to Robert Redford's environmental activist movement. This translates to: I followed my husband here because of his job.
Moving to Utah was just part of my family legacy for moving to exotic places. As a kid born in Canada, having lived in India, England and circling the globe by the time I was 5 years old, I learned to bridge many worlds. Growing up in the Los Angeles-Hollywood area as a Griffith Park hippie, I was still just a cultural Sikh, living in a Japanese neighborhood and attending a high school that had representation from every nationality on the globe. Coming to Utah and continuing to have the opportunity to travel extensively has prepared me for dealing with the good people I meet in real estate.
Although Sunday's were spent sitting on my father's knee pouring over the Los Angeles Times real estate ads and making imaginary deals, it wasn't until 1996 that I got my real estate license so I could sell a 144 unit new construction project in Utah County for my developer friend. Since the name, LAKSHMI (luck-shmee) in Hindu mythology means the goddess of prosperity and good fortune, my friend figured this would help sales.
Similar to my personal background, my real estate experience is also eclectic, having successfully represented Buyers, Sellers, and Investors in 100's of residential and 1 commercial transaction. My clients like the fact that I am extremely professional, knowledgeable, methodical, detailed, well prepared and sleep with my "in house" lawyer; not to mention I'm dang good, as well as passionate about what I do.
- Magna cum Laude, University of New Haven, Connecticut
- Commercial Bank and Loan Officer, Security Pacific National Bank, San Francisco, California
- Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR)
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
- Certified New Home Sales Professional (CSP)
- Graduate of the Realtor Institute (GRI)
- Referral & Relocation Certification (RRC)
- Women's Council of Realtors, Utah County Chapter President 2000 & Member of the Year 2001
- Utah Association of Realtors Housing Opportunity Fund (UARHOF), Chair 2002,
- Committee Member 2003-present
- Married 41 years, 2 kids, 3 grandkids; no dog, but wish I had one!
Feel free to contact me if you want a complete resume, have any marriage tips or want to sign my petition to get Trader Joe’s to come to Utah County. Or if you’re thinking about moving to Utah, need to List your current home, need an expert Buyer’s Agent, want to buy a custom golf course lot…or just sit and chat about “life elevated” here in Utah...Call me maybe...